Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Change? ...ugh...

"When God takes someone out of a situation, its to make room for something better and more capable.... I'm sorry to see this chapter end, but I know its for the best." - Ashley Johnson (a friend of mine from Corban)

Sometimes I look at my life and think, "man it's so great where I am, I can't believe I'm at this point, hope it never changes..." Which, thinking about it at this moment, is completely ridiculous! From the point of my birth until right now I have changed hundreds of thousands of times and truth is I --> and my life <-- will continue changing even more as I grow older. I have never liked change, always fought it tooth and nail and I probably always will.... but that doesn't mean I haven't survived the changes with God's help, right?

By the way.... where do I get off thinking I can be whiny about change?? When God clearly states in His word that He and He alone gets to be the only one who doesn't change, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8) So as I sit here thinking about it... I shouldn't complain about change when it happens or I think it's gonna happen. 'Cause the truth is? I have no idea how it'll turn out. But as my friend mentioned, When God takes a situation and changes it... it's usually the best? False. When God changes a situation it is always for the best. I can trust that and quite honestly I should remind myself of that each time I start to feel panicked by a daunting situation or by something "different" than what I'm used to because for all I know.... it's gonna be my new usual.

In any case, three things stay the same: God is good. He wrote my life story. No matter what happens He's gonna take care of me.

So as far as I can see, there are some things I can do to remind myself of these truths: Stay in His word daily, Pray continually, and TRUST. You may be thinking to yourself, hmm these things sound familiar... well yeah I bet they do, cuz I didn't make them up... God told us to do these things... so it just re-emphasizes it - He's got it covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment