Wednesday, September 29, 2010

♫ Musical Interlude ♫

One of the most important aspects of my life is music.  Through music I feel like I can share my heart... and one thing I really want to do with this blog is every now and again have a "musical interlude."  I'll post song lyrics that are prevalent in my life at the time. 

Right now in my life, I am working on focusing on God and letting Him lead me.. and each time I try to get closer I am so in awe of who He is and the amazing power and love He possesses. So, there are 2 songs that really mean a lot right now.. here they are:

Cannot Say Enough
What can we say to describe
just a glimpse of your glory
how can our words portray
just a thread of your majesty.
but still we praise our savior
in spirit and in truth.
for we cannot say enough about you.
hallelujah
hallelujah
(repeat)

Lead Me to the Cross
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemption's hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart
(repeat chorus)

With "Cannot Say Enough," I feel like it's such an accurate description of the reality we as God's children face as we are giving Him praises. There is really no way to fully describe God or what He does for us and this song so beautifully portrays that.
"Lead Me to the Cross" has been my prayer for quite a few weeks. Going to the cross and laying down whatever or whoever we're struggling with is the only way to find true peace: letting God take over and going straight to His heart to find the love and peace and answers we seek. These songs have brought me encouragement and I pray that they will encourage you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment