Thursday, September 30, 2010

♫ Musical Interlude ♫

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FX8KNdcuYM
Psalm 62 (Not Guilty Anymore)
by Aaron Keyes
My soul finds rest in God alone, My Rock and my salvation,
A fortress strong against my foes, And I will not be shaken.
Though lips may bless and hearts may curse, And lies like arrows pierce me,
I’ll fix my heart on righteousness, I’ll look to Him who hears me.

O praise Him, hallelujah, My Delight and my Reward;
Everlasting, never failing, My Redeemer, my God.

Find rest, my soul, in God alone
Amid the world’s temptations;
When evil seeks to take a hold
I’ll cling to my salvation.
Though riches come and riches go,
Don’t set your heart upon them;
The fields of hope in which I sow
Are harvested in heaven.

I’ll set my gaze on God alone,
And trust in Him completely;
With every day pour out my soul,
And He will prove His mercy.
Though life is but a fleeting breath,
A sigh too brief to measure,
My King has crushed the curse of death
And I am His forever.

O praise Him, O praise Him, hallelujah, hallelujah,
O praise Him, O praise Him, hallelujah, hallelujah,
O praise Him, O praise Him, hallelujah! hallelujah!

        This song, taken from Psalm 62 in the Bible, was introduced to me tonight by a good friend of mine.  Though I'd read select verses from the original passage (1-2, 5-8,11-12) at previous times in my life, I had never fully realized the words before.  It seems that everywhere I turn these days God is emphasizing resting in Him alone and also the power and majesty He posseses. 
        "Find rest, my soul, in God alone; Amid the world’s temptations; When evil seeks to take a hold; I’ll cling to my salvation...
What a powerful lyric!  Granted there are quite a few lines in the song that are just as powerful... but these lines just jumped out at me.  There is a lot in this world that tempt us, try us, and make us want to just give up and give in.  But thankfully for us.... there is something that trumps this world and it's temptations!  God created this world, He created us, why wouldn't He be able to take care of whatever is making us struggle?
            12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. (1 Cor. 10:12-13; NLT)
God. Is. Faithful. what more is there to say? I'll leave you with that reminder tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment