Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Starting Out....

"Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before." - Erich Fromm

Hello, since this is my first blog post I suppose I should explain a few things.  I started this blog in the first place because I wanted to have a place where I could freely lay out my thoughts.  I have many and - along with updating you on my life from time to time -  I wanted to share them with you... whoever you may be (family member or friend of mine I would like to assume).

I think I will start out with explaining the title of my blog.  I was sitting here thinking about different possibilities for a blog title and I was coming up blank until I came across a small passage in the book of Psalms, "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." (psalm 9:1-2)  These verses got me thinking.... what does it mean to live life praising God with your whole heart?  Personally I think it's a lot more complex than it would seem.  Life comes with so many distractions it's hard to dedicate your whole heart to any one thing at every moment. In my opinion this is a worthwhile goal: To live life with passion, dedication, and in constant praise of God for all the world to see.
Why? because, in my opinion, "Passion Speaks Louder Than Words." Showing someone your dedication is a lot more valuable than going on about it all the time. This is why I chose the title that I did - and the url "livingwithyourwholeheart.blogspot.com" came from the first verse in the passage.

Little known fact about me? I love quotes. I am not sure why but a good quote can be the perfect beginning to any written work. I am going to try my hardest to start each post off with a quote I found interesting. If you read above, you'll see I already put my first quote. I think this quote is so appropriate for my first posting. Each day is a new journey, a new beginning, and this quote really embodies that thought. "....Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before." Living life with passion means having a fresh perspective, living to the fullest. In this quote that idea is a challenge; making whoever reads it or hears it go step by step into each new day. The mind is a powerful tool and it is essential in living with the goal mentioned above. Work to take life one day at a time, one choice at a time, taking advantage of each opportunity you get to live life to the fullest - all the while using those opportunities to praise God.

I enjoyed this first post and I will work on posting again soon! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment